Solar Glass Study
Glass Global (www.glassglobal.com) the leading internet glass community and
glass global consulting, a spin-off of Glass Global, are working since more
than three years in the area of Photovoltaics ("PV"), Solar Thermal and glass
for the Photovoltaics & Solar Thermal Industry.
You probably have at least one of the following questions
- "The more I try to understand PV & Solar Thermal the more complex it is
and the more confused I am" - I need a compiled report explaining PV & Solar
Thermal for Glass or Solar people.
- How much glass is needed to feed the Solar Industry? What are the trends?
- What type of glass - float, patterned or tubing glass - is needed for what
application and what are the detailed specifications (transmission, iron content,
thicknesses, bow, grinding, toughening etc.)?
- What type of machinery is needed to produce, melt or process this glass?
- What are the flat glass costs? Production costs? Melting costs? Processing
costs? Investments? Timelines? Transportation costs? Taxes?
- Who and Where are the pot. Solar customers? How much glass do they need
per month? …
We help You to better understand the world of Solar and the requirements
of the Solar Industry in terms of glass, glass qualities and specifications.
Therefore we have generated a compact study, "Solar Glass Study, 1st edition"
which probably have answers to all of Your questions and describes the growing
potential for PV, Solar Thermal and Solar Glass, the opportunities and challenges
in the upcoming years.